Professor Marcos Sforza is one of the most renowned lecturers and researchers in the realm of Cosmetic Surgery. Regularly, he is invited to various conferences around the world to confer his experience on over 5000 procedures.
Professor Sforza is responsible for one of the few internships in Cosmetic Surgery in Europe for young doctors. Professor Sforza is also a leader of the pioneering research on Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Prof. Sforza was brought up in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) trained by the world-renowned plastic surgeon Ivo Pitanguy. After finishing his training, was invited to remain at Professor Pitanguy’s School as a teaching instructor.
On moving to England, he embarked on his career as a cosmetic plastic surgeon, consulting in London, Birmingham, and Manchester and has now completed over 5000 procedures. Professor. Sforza is a prolific published author of over thirty peer renowned papers, book chapters and articles on burn care, trauma, reconstruction, stem cell medicine and aesthetic surgery. Professor Sforza’s desire for surgical excellence is a lifelong pursuit.
There are always new techniques and methods that are being developed to make patients’ cosmetic surgery easier and safer. As a specialist in breast augmentation, he constantly explores new ways to give patients the very best possible solution for their procedure, this means that you are being treated by a nationally and internationally accomplished authority in the cosmetic surgery field.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS, HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – ISAPS
- Member of the UK and the Irish General Medical Council
- Member of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the Serbian of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the Brazilian College of Surgeons
- 2009 — nominated Professor of UNIFESO School of Medicine responsible for the Internship in Plastic Surgery for Medical Students in the UK
- Best Scientific Exhibit Award – American Congress of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, New York, 2009
- 2010 — nominated an Examiner of the Intercollegiate Exam of the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSEd).
- 2011 — Best Scientific Exhibit Award – American Congress of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Boston.
- Awarded the Hackett Memorial Prize in 2012 and the Highly Recommended Prize in 2013, both given by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS).