INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER: Dr Joseph Losee
Dr Losee will present the following talks:
- The Evolution of Palatoplasty
- Pediatric Facial Fractures
- Unilateral Cleft Lip and Nose Repair
- The History of Surgical Training in America
- Thriving as a Leader in Academic Medicine: My Journey
Dr. Losee graduated AOA from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in 1994. He completed a residency in Plastic Surgery at the University of Rochester and a fellowship in Craniofacial Surgery at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER: Prof Marcos Sforza
Prof Sforza will present the following talks:
- How to move safely from textures to smooth implants
- Improved rheologies for less inflammation
- Hybrid breast augmentation
- Mastopexies with implants
Sponsored by Motiva
Professor Marcos Sforza is one of the most renowned lecturers and researchers in the realm of Cosmetic Surgery. Regularly, he is invited to various conferences around the world to confer his experience on over 5000 procedures.
INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER: Dr Aris Steromidas
Dr Steromidas will present the following talks:
- Why I choose facelift with extended deep lifting and fat grafting using the SEL technique? 30 min
- The Use of Fat Grafting in Breast Surgery – How to incorporate it Succesfully 30 min
- Managing complications in body contouring surgery: When does your patient need to “see the knife”? 30 min
- Achieving results for the ‘no downtime acceptable’ patient.The use of Renuvion technology in face, breast & body 30 min
- The power of pretty: A modern Greek perspective of beauty ideals 20 min
- Creating a successful name for yourself: The art of Branding 20 min
Dr. Sterodimas graduated from the Semmelweis University and pursued his residency in General Surgery in The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, in London, UK. He then performed research at Imperial College’s St Mary’s Hospital, in London, where he acquired his Master degree in Surgery. He did part of his training in Plastic.Dr
KEHLA TALK: Dr Schalk van Heerden
Dr Schalk van Heerden completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Pretoria in 1971. After completion of his year of internship, he was appointed as a senior houseman in paediatrics for one year. He then joined a general practice in Pretoria for five years.
PHOENIX TALK: Prof Nick Kairinos
Prof Nick Kairinos is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, who did his undergraduate training in Bloemfontein and his post-graduate degrees at UCT. His research on Damage Control Surgery resulted in his MMed being awarded with distinction. During his time as a registrar, he also conducted ground-breaking research on the mechanism of action of Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, which earned him the first plastic surgery PhD to be granted to a South African from UCT. His affinity for research resulted in him winning between two and five congress presentation awards, every year, throughout his registrar trainin
JACK PENN TALK: Prof Jonathan Jansen
Jonathan Jansen is Distinguished Professor of Education at Stellenbosch University and President of the Academy of Science of South Africa. He is a curriculum theorist, and his research is concerned with the politics of knowledge. His most recent book is The decolonization of knowledge (Cambridge University Press, with Cyrill Walters). He started his career as a high school science teacher and holds a PhD (Stanford). He holds an A-1 rating from the National Research Foundation and four honorary doctorates.
ETHICS TALK: Mr JP Ellis
JP is the legal and claims manager at Ethiqal medical risk protection, a professional indemnity insurance company, which is a division of Constantia insurance Co Ltd (“Ethiqal”). He is an admitted attorney with B. Comm and LLB degrees. Prior to this role, JP was a senior attorney at an international law firm and his primary focus was in professional indemnity insurance, with an emphasis in medical malpractice work.